Uniform Tax Rebate

Uniform help promote a company’s name, this is a massive consideration for any company who wants a more professional look, whether you are a sole trader or a large national or international company. Perhaps you need polo shirts bearing your company name, or maybe you’re going for a more corporate look? Whatever the style of uniform, if it is easily recognizable as belonging to your company it is a fantastic way of promoting it, whilst instilling your company’s branding into the public consciousness.

If a uniform is stained, one of the first steps for cleaning it comes before throwing it in the washer. Put stain remover on stains as soon as they appear as possible. This will stop stains from setting on the uniform. Often this is impossible due to the nature of some jobs, so if you have to wait until you get home use stain remover as soon as you get home in the evening.

After stain removal, the next step in cleaning your uniforms is washing them. Separate your dirty clothes into whites and darks and wash them separately so that the colors don’t run together. Use mild detergent and a half cup of vinegar in the washing machine with the clothes. Vinegar softens fabric and removes odour from your uniforms. Run your uniforms through the wash cycle with warm or hot water – this will remove any bacteria from them.

Whatever line of work you are in; you’re tired when you get home from a long day on your feet. All you want to do is change your clothes and relax or go to bed, but you should first take the time to remove your apron, jacket, and other items and hang them up rather than throwing them on the floor, where they can get dirt, pet hair, or other things that can increase long term damage.

Hanging them up immediately also means you can wear them longer without having to wash every time, which can extend the life of your chef uniform tremendously.

If you wear a uniform or protective clothing at work and you have to wash and maintain it yourself, you may be due a tax refund from HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC). Whether it’s a t-shirt with a company logo or the full uniform of a pilot, nurse or police offer, you can claim a tax rebate.

The standard rate is £60 for the current tax year, which means that basic rate taxpayers could claim back £12 a year (20% of £60) while higher rate taxpayers could claim £24 (40% of the £60 allowance).

You can claim for the last four years plus the current year, as long as you’ve met the criteria all that time, meaning a potential rebate of £60.

HMRC will not allow you to claim a uniform tax rebate from trusted tax rebate specialist helping you claim your refund for clothing and even materials bought. What you can claim for is clothes that wouldn’t normally be worn outside of work, like specialist clothing or clothes with your company logo on. Also the Inland Revenue says that you can only claim if there are no facilities at your work to do the washing.

But certain jobs get higher allowances. For example, joiners and carpenters, some iron and steel workers, and ambulance staff have a £140 annual deduction, which means that a base rate taxpayer could claim £28 a year or £140 in total. And nurses, midwives, chiropodists, dental nurses, occupational, speech, physiotherapists and other therapists also have a higher allowance, at £100.

Beyond the uniform tax rebate form, HMRC allows one to claim multiple expenses occurred onto you due to your employment. Besides the uniform expenses, another common expense that can be written off with this form is the business mileage expenses. This is known as AMAP (Authorized Mileage Allowance Payments) relief. To obtain this rebate you must provide details of your total business mileage split between the first 10,000 miles and miles above 10,000. An easy way to obtain an accurate record of your business travels is using a GPS app that allows the tracking of your destinations, time, and mileage incurred that can simply be copied to your P87 form.

To claim The first step is to fill out the online Tax Refund Claim Form on the HMRC website. All you need is some personnel details and You’ll also need the relevant employer details.